Los Angeles News
Rose Parade will feature live wedding for 1st time
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- People attending the Rose Parade may want to bring a wedding gift.
Farmers Insurance says one lucky couple will win the chance to get married aboard a float in the annual parade in Pasadena. Farmers' 54th entry will be themed "The Love Float."
The company began a nationwide contest to find a couple interested in saying "I do" during the parade. Interested couples can enter by submitting their stories on the Farmers Insurance Facebook page by Oct. 14.
A panel of judges will select up to four finalists, and then the public will choose the winning couple. The company said the winner will be announced before Thanksgiving.
It will be the first time in the parade's 124-year history that a wedding will take place live.
The contest winners will get a trip to Pasadena for themselves and up to six witnesses, a wedding dress, a tuxedo, wedding rings, hair and makeup for the bride, marriage license fees, two tickets to the Rose Bowl game and a national advertisement opportunity featuring a photo from your wedding day.
"Across the country there are thousands of couples deserving of a history making wedding experience," says Michael Linton, enterprise chief marketing officer for Farmers Insurance. "The 'Love Float' is a chance for Farmers Insurance to honor a great American love story."
los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Will Smith reunites with 'Fresh Prince' stars