Rupert Murdoch in talks to buy LA Times
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Rupert Murdoch may have his sights set on buying the Los Angeles Times.
According to reports, the News Corporation chairman and CEO is interested in purchasing the paper from the Tribune Company.
The Los Angeles Times reports Murdoch has long eyed getting his hands on the paper. But attempts to go after the paper are likely to have regulatory hurdles.
The Tribune Company filed for bankruptcy four years ago and has been caught up in court over competing plans to emerge from bankruptcy ever since.
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 19 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future