Los Angeles News
LAPD party patrol car aims to crack down on crimes in San Fernando Valley
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are cracking down on crime at parties in part of the San Fernando Valley.
A special patrol unit will be on duty every weekend through the end of the year in the Mission area, according to the LAPD's Mission Community Police Station.
The dedicated unit will respond to large parties in an effort to prevent gang activity, drug-use and violence.
Police said they received nearly 5,000 calls last year about party disturbances after 10 p.m. in the northeast San Fernando Valley.
Just recently, three men were stabbed at a party in Sylmar. Neighbors say they're glad the "party car" is being funded.
san fernando valley, lapd, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 12 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood 57 min ago
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)