Ventura County News
Dog dies after being doused in lighter fluid, set on fire near Camarillo
CAMARILLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Officials are investigating after a family dog was set on fire and burned to death near Camarillo.
A neighbor reported a small fire in a ravine around 3 a.m. Saturday. Firefighters discovered the 3-year-old basset hound named Buddy. He was severely burned and later died.
Investigators said he had been doused with lighter fluid and set ablaze.
"I don't know how you describe a crime like this. I don't know who would do something like that to an innocent animal or any living thing," said Sgt. Eric Buschow of the Ventura County Sheriff's Department.
The dog's owner was identified and interviewed. Investigators are still trying to figure out who set the dog on fire.
A $1,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and criminal complaint against the person responsible for the crime. Anyone with information was asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
animal news, fire, ventura county news
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 9 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 55 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 25 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)