Los Angeles News
Arcadia man arrested in wife's 11-year-old cold-case murder
ARCADIA, Calif. (KABC) -- An Arcadia man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife in 2001.
Richard Keith Cole, 72, was taken into custody Sunday following an investigation by sheriff's cold-case detectives and Arcadia police.
According to authorities, detectives gathered additional evidence which led to Cole's arrest nearly 11 years after his 50-year-old wife Charlotte Cole was found brutally murdered behind a restaurant on the 50 block of Los Tunas Drive on Sept. 1, 2001.
Although investigators had failed to clearly link Cole to his wife's murder, the victim's husband had been previously declared a prime suspect in the murder case. Detectives arrested Cole following a search warrant at his residence on April 28, 2011. Shortly after, Cole was released pending further investigation. He has now been re-arrested, though police are not saying exactly what new information presented new evidence that led them to charge him.
Cole was booked at the Arcadia City Jail and is being held in lieu of $1 million bail.
Anyone with information on the murder of Charlotte Cole is urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau Detective Sergeant Steve Davis or Detective Joe Purcell at (323) 890-5500.
arrest, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- EB 210 Fwy lanes closed, Gold Line shut down 19 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover
- Pet of the Week: Mini Pinscher named Tabasco
29 min ago