Los Angeles News
Arcadia man arrested in wife's 11-year-old cold-case murder
ARCADIA, Calif. (KABC) -- An Arcadia man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife in 2001.
Richard Keith Cole, 72, was taken into custody Sunday following an investigation by sheriff's cold-case detectives and Arcadia police.
According to authorities, detectives gathered additional evidence which led to Cole's arrest nearly 11 years after his 50-year-old wife Charlotte Cole was found brutally murdered behind a restaurant on the 50 block of Los Tunas Drive on Sept. 1, 2001.
Although investigators had failed to clearly link Cole to his wife's murder, the victim's husband had been previously declared a prime suspect in the murder case. Detectives arrested Cole following a search warrant at his residence on April 28, 2011. Shortly after, Cole was released pending further investigation. He has now been re-arrested, though police are not saying exactly what new information presented new evidence that led them to charge him.
Cole was booked at the Arcadia City Jail and is being held in lieu of $1 million bail.
Anyone with information on the murder of Charlotte Cole is urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau Detective Sergeant Steve Davis or Detective Joe Purcell at (323) 890-5500.
arrest, murder, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 9 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in...
33 min ago