Inland Empire News
Taekwondo instructor accused of molesting girl in Lake Elsinore
LAKE ELSINORE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 63-year-old taekwondo instructor was arrested for allegedly molesting an 8-year-old girl, authorities said.
The victim was taking private taekwondo lessons from Albert Williams. Investigators said the sexual assault happened during one of the lessons over the weekend at a home on the 15000 block of Laguna Avenue in Lake Elsinore.
"He seemed like a nice guy, but then again those types of people do seem like a nice guy, if in fact he's guilty, we don't want to say because we don't really know," said Sunshine Lord, who lives next to Williams. "You do hope it's not true, especially for the children, because it does ruin lives."
Police say the girl reported it to her parents right away.
"We are just very proud that she was strong and courageous enough to come to her parents so that we can look into this investigation and put someone behind bars that's participating in this behavior and victimizing our young children," said Riverside County Sheriff's Department Capt. Shelley Kennedy-Smith.
Investigators are concerned that there might be other victims, either in Lake Elsinore or in the Los Angeles area where Williams used to operate. Anyone with information is asked to call sheriff's deputies at (951) 245-3000.
arrest, sexual assault, sex crimes, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 25 min ago
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued 10 min ago
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns 34 min ago
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments