Los Angeles News
Pursuit suspect arrested after chase ends in Rialto
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- California Highway Patrol officers arrested a driver at the end of an erratic high-speed pursuit Friday night.
At about 7 p.m., L.A. County San Dimas Sheriff's deputies were alerted by a citizen's call about a hit-and-run driver near Sunflower Avenue in the Glendora/Covina area.
Glendora Police and CHP officers located the suspect and began the pursuit near North Grand Avenue and the eastbound 210 Freeway.
The suspect weaved in and out of traffic lanes. The two-door silver coupe did not have its headlights on and the car's hazard lights were blinking during the entire chase.
The suspect pulled into the median of the freeway and drove into westbound 210 lanes.
The suspect exited the westbound 210 Freeway onto the surface streets of Rialto.
The suspect was stopped in a parking lot area near a gas station in Rialto. The driver was dragged out of the car and arrested by CHP officers.
Nobody was hurt in the wild chase. The suspect is facing a long list of charges.
california highway patrol, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians