Mini Cooper record: 28 UK women cram into car
LONDON (KABC) -- How many people can you cram into a Mini Cooper? A group of people in the UK answered that question and set a new record!
Twenty-eight British women stretched and shed their shoes before piling into the car on the banks of the River Thames.
The event was spearheaded by Dani Maynard, who held the previous record of 27 people in a Mini.
The 28 women managed to jam into the car within 10 minutes. With all the doors and windows shut, they had to remain in the vehicle for five seconds for the new record to stand.
When the countdown ended, cheers erupted.
Maynard said their record was something the country could be proud of.
"I popped 28 women, not quite as easy as it sounds, but I put 28 women in that car to break the world record yet again for Britain," she said.
All the participants emerged from the crushing conditions unharmed.
Guinness World Record officials adjudicated the attempt and presented the team with a certificate to mark the occasion.
ABC News contributed to this report.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 1 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts