Mini Cooper record: 28 UK women cram into car
LONDON (KABC) -- How many people can you cram into a Mini Cooper? A group of people in the UK answered that question and set a new record!
Twenty-eight British women stretched and shed their shoes before piling into the car on the banks of the River Thames.
The event was spearheaded by Dani Maynard, who held the previous record of 27 people in a Mini.
The 28 women managed to jam into the car within 10 minutes. With all the doors and windows shut, they had to remain in the vehicle for five seconds for the new record to stand.
When the countdown ended, cheers erupted.
Maynard said their record was something the country could be proud of.
"I popped 28 women, not quite as easy as it sounds, but I put 28 women in that car to break the world record yet again for Britain," she said.
All the participants emerged from the crushing conditions unharmed.
Guinness World Record officials adjudicated the attempt and presented the team with a certificate to mark the occasion.
ABC News contributed to this report.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley 35 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- Bynes alleges sexual assault by NYPD officer 54 min ago
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide