Los Angeles News
2 Pasadena helicopters crash; 6 injured
ALTADENA, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- A crash involving two Pasadena police helicopters left six people with minor injuries Saturday.
The collision happened around 4 p.m. at the Pasadena Police Department heliport at 2175 Yucca Lane in Altadena.
In a press release, Pasadena police said it was, "an incident where their rotator blades were believed to have touched during a maneuver at the police heliport."
The six injured, five police officers and one civilian, were taken to a hospital for evaluations.
Both OH-58 aircraft sustained extensive damage, police said. One helicopter was on routine assignment to calls for service and the other was assigned to the USC-UCLA game at the Rose Bowl. Each helicopter had a pilot and an observer. Two of the injured were not on board.
It's unclear if the weather may have been a factor in the collision.
The National Transportation Safety Board will conduct an investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
pasadena, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 39 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 17 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 56 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...