Los Angeles News
2 Pasadena helicopters crash; 6 injured
ALTADENA, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- A crash involving two Pasadena police helicopters left six people with minor injuries Saturday.
The collision happened around 4 p.m. at the Pasadena Police Department heliport at 2175 Yucca Lane in Altadena.
In a press release, Pasadena police said it was, "an incident where their rotator blades were believed to have touched during a maneuver at the police heliport."
The six injured, five police officers and one civilian, were taken to a hospital for evaluations.
Both OH-58 aircraft sustained extensive damage, police said. One helicopter was on routine assignment to calls for service and the other was assigned to the USC-UCLA game at the Rose Bowl. Each helicopter had a pilot and an observer. Two of the injured were not on board.
It's unclear if the weather may have been a factor in the collision.
The National Transportation Safety Board will conduct an investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
pasadena, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'