Los Angeles News
Pacoima fatal hit-and-run suspect arrested
PACOIMA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The suspected driver behind a deadly hit-and-run crash that killed an 82-year-old woman in Pacoima has been arrested.
The incident happened just before 8 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of El Dorado Avenue and Van Nuys Boulevard.
Herlinda Carrillo of Pacoima was walking across the street when she was struck. She died at the hospital.
Police say 21-year-old Eduardo Garcia of Canoga Park took off after the crash, but he was later arrested for felony hit-and-run.
hit and run, arrest, car crash, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre