Los Angeles News
Spilled asphalt on 710 Freeway shuts lanes, causes delays in Bell Gardens
BELL GARDENS, Calif. (KABC) -- A stretch of the northbound 710 Freeway was closed Tuesday morning as crews cleaned up asphalt that spilled from a big rig during a multi-vehicle collision.
The crash happened just after 8:30 p.m. Monday north of the Firestone Boulevard exit. It started when the driver of a Toyota Corolla made a lane change, lost control and set off a chain reaction.
Two other vehicles crashed and then the big rig overturned, spilling 5,000 gallons of liquid asphalt. Three people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
All lanes reopened around 8:30 a.m. The mess tied up traffic for morning commuters, who had to be diverted off at the 105 Freeway.
car crash, accident, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 1 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery 46 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
36 min ago