Larry Hagman to be remembered at private memorials in LA, Dallas
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Private memorial services are being held in Los Angeles and Dallas this week for actor Larry Hagman.
The television actor, known for his roles on "Dallas" and "I Dream of Jeannie," died Friday of complications from cancer. He was 81.
Hagman most notably played the corrupt yet charming oil baron J.R. Ewing on "Dallas." He was the only cast member to appear in all 357 episodes of the show. Earlier this year, he reprised his iconic role on the new edition of "Dallas" on TNT.
Hagman had already filmed a number of episodes in the second season of the "Dallas" remake, which begins in January. Production was put on hold following Hagman's death, but it resumes Tuesday. Instead of "Who shot J.R.?" the question will now be, "How will he meet his final end?"
"Something proper and fitting, I'm sure they'll come up with. The scriptwriters and producers have been just excellent," said Janis Burklund, director of the Dallas Film Commission.
The city of Dallas is giving the show's producers $200,000 a year for six years to film in North Texas. The city says the jobs created and the publicity are worth it.
celebrity, famous death, entertainment
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail 56 min ago
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested 42 min ago
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video
- Easy moves to keep hips strong and healthy
29 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
48 min ago