Orange County News
Oak View criminal defense attorney arrested for soliciting underage sex online
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A criminal defense attorney is under arrest, accused of meeting underage girls on the internet and soliciting sex acts online.
Arturo Fernando Shaw III Gutierrez, 36, was taken into custody Saturday at the Seal Beach Pier after he had arranged to meet with an underage female at the pier for sexual purposes.
Undercover investigators with the Orange County Child Exploitation Task Force had posed as the young girl and contacted Gutierrez on Facebook to set up the meeting.
He came under scrutiny after police say the parents of a girl turned over online conversations between Gutierrez and their daughter.
The Task Force served a search warrant at his residence in Oak View. Investigators say they found evidence related to the crime and believe there may be additional minor victims.
Gutierrez was arrested on charges of contacting a minor with intent to commit a lewd act and arranging to meet a minor for a lewd act.
He was booked at Seal Beach Police Department and was being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
arrest, sex crimes, orange county news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated 38 min ago
- Frazier Park fire almost fully contained
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates 57 min ago
- Damaged trains being removed from Conn. site
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut 22 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge