Los Angeles News
Tattoo artist found fatally shot in South Gate
SOUTH GATE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was found shot to death at a tattoo parlor in South Gate and a search is under way for his killer.
Well-known tattoo artist Erik Herrera was gunned down inside Kokopelli Ink. Known for his detailed portrait work, customers were shocked to see the tattoo parlor on Tweedy Boulevard surrounded by police tape.
"It's sad. It's sad, because I know he kept saying it over and over, 'I just want to spend Sunday with my family. I can't do it for you because I want to be with my family,'" recalled customer Alexandra Izquierdo.
It's unclear when Herrera was murdered. Customers said he was at the shop Saturday night, and according to investigators, it was his family members who made the horrifying discovery around 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
Detectives are trying to figure out why the father of two young children was killed. Authorities said he was shot multiple times and pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said so far they have no leads. Anyone with information was asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
murder, shooting, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 27 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 23 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)