Inland Empire News
Suspected car thief leads authorities on chase in Moreno Valley
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who allegedly stole a car was arrested after leading police on a chase through the streets of Moreno Valley.
The pursuit began Friday night after police spotted a stolen vehicle near Ironwood Avenue and Heacock Street. When officers tried to stop the car, the driver, identified as 31-year-old Danny Varelas, gave chase.
Riverside County Sheriff's took over the chase shortly before Varelas collided with another car at Lasselle Street and Krameria Avenue. Varelas sustained minor injuries and was treated before he was taken to jail. Three young adults inside the other vehicle sustained minor abrasions but denied medical treatment.
Police say Varelas is a gang member in Moreno Valley. He has been charged with vehicle theft, felony evading, receiving stolen property, transportation of methamphetamine, violation of probation and being under the influence of a controlled substance.
car chase, car crash, arrest, inland empire news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 42 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments