Genie Francis returning to 'General Hospital'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A daytime favorite is checking back in to "General Hospital."
Emmy winning actress Genie Francis is set to return to the role of Laura Spencer to help celebrate the show's 50th anniversary year.
Francis created the role back in 1977. Her character's wedding to on-screen love Luke back in 1981 remains the soap world's highest rated show, ever.
Francis will make her debut back in Port Charles in February.
television, abc, entertainment
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks