Los Angeles News
1 killed, 1 hurt in Hollywood club shooting
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man is dead, a second in stable condition after a shooting at a Hollywood nightclub, police said.
The shooting occurred around 2:05 a.m. Sunday outside Empire on the 1700 block of North Cahuenga Boulevard. According to LAPD, the incident began with a fight and soon escalated into gun violence.
"A fight inside the nightclub spilled outside", LAPD Sgt. Mark Ro said.
The motive for the shooting remains under investigation.
Police say the suspects took off after opening fire. The man who authorities believe opened fire was described as a black male standing around 5 feet 8 inches tall.
The second victim was described as a male between 20 to 25 years old. An unidentified woman who was crossing the street near the club also suffered a graze wound but did not require hospital treatment.
shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Body found near East Los Angeles College 32 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- San Diego cross memorial removal ordered
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
11 min ago