Los Angeles News
1 killed, 1 hurt in Hollywood club shooting
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man is dead, a second in stable condition after a shooting at a Hollywood nightclub, police said.
The shooting occurred around 2:05 a.m. Sunday outside Empire on the 1700 block of North Cahuenga Boulevard. According to LAPD, the incident began with a fight and soon escalated into gun violence.
"A fight inside the nightclub spilled outside", LAPD Sgt. Mark Ro said.
The motive for the shooting remains under investigation.
Police say the suspects took off after opening fire. The man who authorities believe opened fire was described as a black male standing around 5 feet 8 inches tall.
The second victim was described as a male between 20 to 25 years old. An unidentified woman who was crossing the street near the club also suffered a graze wound but did not require hospital treatment.
shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 5 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 9 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 49 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
59 min ago