Los Angeles News
1 killed, 1 hurt in Hollywood club shooting
HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man is dead, a second in stable condition after a shooting at a Hollywood nightclub, police said.
The shooting occurred around 2:05 a.m. Sunday outside Empire on the 1700 block of North Cahuenga Boulevard. According to LAPD, the incident began with a fight and soon escalated into gun violence.
"A fight inside the nightclub spilled outside", LAPD Sgt. Mark Ro said.
The motive for the shooting remains under investigation.
Police say the suspects took off after opening fire. The man who authorities believe opened fire was described as a black male standing around 5 feet 8 inches tall.
The second victim was described as a male between 20 to 25 years old. An unidentified woman who was crossing the street near the club also suffered a graze wound but did not require hospital treatment.
shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 42 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 5 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 48 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 24 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 48 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 17 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book