Los Angeles News
Grease fire rips through Polly's in Whittier
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A fire ripped through Polly's Pies Restaurant in Whittier causing a lot of damage but luckily, no one was hurt.
Crews were called to the eatery on the 14100 block of Whittier Boulevard shortly before midnight. Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames pouring from the roof.
Officials say the blaze likely started out as a grease fire in the kitchen and then spread to the attic.
Crews had to cut a hole in the roof to put the fire out, which took about 30 minutes.
fire, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate 21 min ago
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time 47 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says