Ventura County News
3 killed in 2 locations in Oxnard shootings
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were killed in separate, but related shootings in Oxnard on Wednesday night.
Oxnard police received a report of gunshots at an apartment in the 1200 block of Hull Place at 4:30 p.m. Responding officers found two women fatally shot at the location. One woman was inside the apartment, the other was outside the apartment. Police said one woman was in her 40s and the other was her daughter in her 20s.
Approximately 30 minutes later, a man in his 50s was found fatally shot in the 200 block of South Marquita Street, about 2 to 3 miles away from the previous shooting scene. Police said the fatal gunshot may have been self-inflicted.
Police said the incidents are related. They were investigating the motive for the shooting and relationship between the victims. There were two children found at the first shooting scene - they were not injured. The kids were placed in protective custody.
Police said they were not searching for a shooting and that there was no threat to public safety.
shooting, murder, homicide investigation, ventura county news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 18 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 35 min ago
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report