Los Angeles News
Whittier fatal shooting: Suspect search under way
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a man was shot to death in Whittier Friday, officials said.
Whittier police responded to a shooting in the 7800 block of Barnum Drive around 4:56 p.m.
When officers arrived, they found a man lying on the street with a gunshot wound to his abdomen. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots before they saw the victim lying in the street.
A Toyota pickup truck was seen speeding away from the scene. Whittier police officers found the truck abandoned in the 7100 block of Gretna Avenue and are now searching for the suspect or suspects responsible.
The man's identity was not released but officers say the victim was in his mid 20's.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the shooting was asked to contact Community Relations Officer Brad White at (562) 244-0045.
shooting, murder, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)