Los Angeles News
Woodland Hills mother killing suspect caught in Oregon
PORTLAND (KABC) -- A woman who is suspected of murdering her mother in Woodland Hills this week has been arrested in Oregon.
Laura Purviance, 24, was taken into custody at about 4 a.m. Friday at a rest stop on the 5 Freeway in the Valley of the Rogue rest area, about 13 miles north of Medford.
Los Angeles police found 61-year-old Caroline Purviance dead from a gunshot wound when they arrived at the scene Wednesday night. LAPD homicide officials described the incident as domestic violence and not a random act.
Purviance is being held in the Jackson County Jail.
murder, arrest, los angeles news
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 6 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Crime Stoppers director swallows evidence
10 min ago