Los Angeles News
405 North construction reduces Sepulveda Pass lanes over weekend
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Construction on the 405 Freeway could mean potential traffic troubles around the Sepulveda Pass over the weekend.
The closures began Friday night. The northbound lanes were reduced from five lanes to two through the Sepulveda Pass.
The 55-hour closure will affect a 2.4-mile stretch from the Montana Avenue off-ramp to the Getty Center Drive off-ramp. Full freeway closures were scheduled Saturday from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday from 2 a.m. to 7 a.m. and Monday from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
"What we're going to be doing is accomplishing months of work in a weekend period, so there's benefits to accelerating the project over the weekend. What we want to do is complete some pavement and striping work," said Dave Sotero with Metro.
The construction is all part of the Sepulveda Pass Improvement Project, which aims to create a 10-mile HOV lane along the 405 Freeway from the 10 to the 101.
The weekend work will include shifting K-rail and paving on the northbound lanes, making way for that HOV lane. Much of the same work has already been done on the southbound side during Carmageddon 2 last year.
As for alternates, drivers can use Sepulveda Boulevard, which will remain open. Commuters can also use the 101 and 5 freeways.
road closure, road construction, traffic delay, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 57 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 53 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 10 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 29 min ago
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
7 min ago