Los Angeles News
Alhambra 7-Eleven robbery suspect caught hiding on San Marino High School campus
SAN MARINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A man accused of robbing an Alhambra convenience store has been taken into custody Sunday morning.
It all started shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday when a robbery alarm went off at a 7-Eleven in the 1000 block of Garfield Avenue in Alhambra. Police got a call from a witness who followed the suspect to San Marino.
Officers tracked the robber down in a car near Winston Avenue and Huntington Drive. Authorities say William Bolczak, 42, threatened officers and gestured toward his waistband. Officers opened fire, but the suspect fled on foot.
A search ensued, and Bolczak was eventually apprehended on the campus of San Marino High School at about 6:35 a.m. He is being held on $65,000 bail.
robbery, san gabriel valley, arrest, los angeles news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 39 min ago
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark 59 min ago
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace 42 min ago
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Mary Barra becomes 1st female CEO of GM 41 min ago
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke