Inland Empire News
Chino pursuit ends after police fatally shoot suspect
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A pursuit involving Chino police and a wanted fugitive ended in a fatal officer-involved shooting after the suspect attempted to assault deputies Saturday.
Police began pursuing the suspect through Chino Hills at approximately 5 a.m. According to authorities, the suspect rammed vehicles belonging to citizens and a Sheriff's patrol unit during his attempt to flee.
The suspect led Chino Hills sheriffs and Chino police officers on a chase that reached speeds of up to 90 miles per hour along surface streets and three different freeways.
The car pursuit ended on the southbound 15 Freeway where the suspect lost control of his vehicle on the west side of the freeway, exited his car and led police on a short foot pursuit.
That's when authorities say the suspect entered a running semi truck and attempted to assault deputies with the vehicle. An officer-involved shooting ensued.
The suspect, whose name was not released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is unknown if the suspect was armed.
The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Division is investigating the shooting.
officer-involved shooting, car chase, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 10 min ago
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12 47 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- 'The Other Woman' gets last laugh in theaters
44 min ago