Meal delivery services in Southern California now affordable, healthy
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Having meals delivered right to your door is a luxury that many could not afford until now.
A handful of companies are making it easy to get good, quality dishes delivered to your family in a host of creative ways.
Melissa Lanz wanted to feed her family well, but found she had little time to do it right, so she created the Fresh 20 company for busy parents. It's a meal planning service that uses 20 fresh ingredients per week to make 5 weeknight family dinners."
This week for example, chicken, salmon and beans are the protein sources, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for pasta, a soup, along with walnuts for pasta and salad. Lanz dreams up the dinners, sends ingredients and portions suggestions, and you hit the grocery with a well-defined list.
"It eliminates waste and it gets people thinking about what they can do with fresh food in their kitchen," Lanz said.
The Fresh 20 costs $5 per month or $49 per year.
Also designed to help you cut cost is the Fresh Dish company. It delivers a meal kit right to your door and you can put dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
"You don't have to do any shopping, you don't have to do any chopping, you don't have to do any measuring. We do it all for you," said Rachel Adams of Fresh Dish.
Order one to four meals weekly and a refrigerated box of premeasured chopped ingredients comes to your doorstep with recipe in tow.
They don't do the diet thing per se, but rather well-balanced healthy meals, including things like kale chips and quinoa. Meals average $8 per person for a family of four.
Finally, Out of the Box Collective offers farm-to-table delivery from local farmers, ranchers and artisans with boxes that feed up to four for as little as $25.00. Build your own box or get their proteins and produce and such, complete with themed recipes like "Meatless Monday," "Feast of the Week" or "What's for Dinner, Darling?"
Special for ABC7 viewers: The Fresh Dish company is offering $10 off their first order with the code: "ABC7"
food, food coach, lori corbin
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 25 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 18 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 33 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12 4 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- 'The Other Woman' gets last laugh in theaters
1 min ago