Albertsons officially under new ownership
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Albertsons supermarket chain is under new ownership.
SUPERVALU Inc., based in Minneapolis, confirmed it has sold its Albertsons stores and Acme, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's and Star Marketstores to AB Acquisition LLC, an affiliate of a Cerberus Capital Management L.P.-led investor group.
The stock deal is worth $3.3 billion, including $100 million in cash and $3.2 billion in debt assumption.
SUPERVALU had already closed 60 stores last summer and laid off 2,500 employees. Albertsons has 228 stores in California and Nevada.
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 2 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 24 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 29 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break