Los Angeles News
LADWP worker found dead inside LB power plant; worker ID'd
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles Department of Water & Power employee was found dead Saturday at the Haynes Generating Station in Long Beach.
Officials say the body was found around 1:30 a.m. in an area away from construction activity. The body was later identified as 60-year-old Vincent Martinez of Downey.
"This is a tragic loss and tragedy for our employee's family and our entire LADWP family," said Aram Benyamin, Senior Assistant General Manager, Power. "Our hearts go out to the family, friends and co-workers of our employee."
The station is being partially rebuilt to eliminate the use of ocean water to cool the plant.
The cause of death is under investigation.
department of water and power, body found, long beach, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 38 min ago
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash 20 min ago
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role