Woman delivers 16-pound baby boy in England
CHELTENHAM, England (KABC) -- An England mom says she has no plans to have any more children after naturally giving birth to a nearly 16-pound baby boy.
Jade King says baby George took everyone, including her doctors by surprise, turning up much bigger than expected at a whopping 15 pounds, seven ounces.
"Once his head was out, they realized he was so big," King said. "And then his shoulders got stuck. There were about 20 odd doctors in the room and that's when it got really scary."
Delivering George wasn't an easy delivery. The baby allegedly went without oxygen for five minutes.
Six weeks later, George is now out of the hospital and doing well. He has reportedly gained a pound and is wearing clothes for a 6-month-old.
Doctors say they still don't know why baby George was double the size of the average newborn.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 19 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 51 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting
- Actor Chris Pine pleads guilty to DUI 52 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dies at 64
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14