Woman delivers 16-pound baby boy in England
CHELTENHAM, England (KABC) -- An England mom says she has no plans to have any more children after naturally giving birth to a nearly 16-pound baby boy.
Jade King says baby George took everyone, including her doctors by surprise, turning up much bigger than expected at a whopping 15 pounds, seven ounces.
"Once his head was out, they realized he was so big," King said. "And then his shoulders got stuck. There were about 20 odd doctors in the room and that's when it got really scary."
Delivering George wasn't an easy delivery. The baby allegedly went without oxygen for five minutes.
Six weeks later, George is now out of the hospital and doing well. He has reportedly gained a pound and is wearing clothes for a 6-month-old.
Doctors say they still don't know why baby George was double the size of the average newborn.
unbelievable, bizarre news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 10 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts