Los Angeles News
Arroyo High School students may have been exposed to tuberculosis
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County health officials are keeping an eye on hundreds of Arroyo High School students due to possible tuberculosis exposure.
The students may have been exposed to tuberculosis while attending summer school last year.
Health officials say in the fall of 2012, they confirmed a person associated with the high school had tuberculosis. The school district was notified this week.
Health officials also started calling parents, so they can have their kids screened.
school, health, los angeles news
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 35 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
16 min ago