Los Angeles News
Arroyo High School students may have been exposed to tuberculosis
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County health officials are keeping an eye on hundreds of Arroyo High School students due to possible tuberculosis exposure.
The students may have been exposed to tuberculosis while attending summer school last year.
Health officials say in the fall of 2012, they confirmed a person associated with the high school had tuberculosis. The school district was notified this week.
Health officials also started calling parents, so they can have their kids screened.
school, health, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)