Los Angeles News
Pomona fatal crash: Driver arrested for DUI, manslaughter
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old woman was killed and four others were wounded in a roll-over crash in Pomona. A witness says the driver was throwing beer cans out of the window before the collision.
The incident happened shortly after 1:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of North San Antonio Avenue.
Police arrested the driver, 20-year-old Raelene Martinez of Ontario, on suspicion of driving under the influence. She is also facing a charge of manslaughter. Investigators are also looking into whether racing may have been a factor.
Investigators say Martinez was traveling northbound on North San Antonio Avenue when she lost control of her 1995 Toyota Camry. Her car rolled over after slamming into several parked cars. One female passenger was pronounced dead at the scene, while Martinez and three other passengers were transported to local hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department's Major Accident Investigation Team at (909) 620-2081.
pomona, dui, car crash, arrest, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 56 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 39 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles 29 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break