Los Angeles News
Pomona fatal crash: Driver arrested for DUI, manslaughter
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old woman was killed and four others were wounded in a roll-over crash in Pomona. A witness says the driver was throwing beer cans out of the window before the collision.
The incident happened shortly after 1:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of North San Antonio Avenue.
Police arrested the driver, 20-year-old Raelene Martinez of Ontario, on suspicion of driving under the influence. She is also facing a charge of manslaughter. Investigators are also looking into whether racing may have been a factor.
Investigators say Martinez was traveling northbound on North San Antonio Avenue when she lost control of her 1995 Toyota Camry. Her car rolled over after slamming into several parked cars. One female passenger was pronounced dead at the scene, while Martinez and three other passengers were transported to local hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department's Major Accident Investigation Team at (909) 620-2081.
pomona, dui, car crash, arrest, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 9 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 26 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
56 min ago