Powerball: No jackpot winner in California's first drawing
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Californians got their first shot at the multi-state Powerball lottery, but there was no winner for the estimated $60 million jackpot.
The winning numbers in Wednesday night's drawing were 1, 36, 40, 52, 53 and the Powerball number was 20.
There were some smaller prizes though. One ticket with five of the numbers but missing the Powerball number was sold in Indiana and is worth $1 million, according to a California Lottery official.
More than 3 million tickets were sold in California alone, setting a national lotto record.
The next drawing will be Saturday with an estimated $70 million up for grabs.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lottery, california, california news
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend 48 min ago
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients 14 min ago
- House GOP signal support for budget deal 16 min ago
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 31 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions