Los Angeles News
San Pedro homes, business lose power after SUV slams into pole
SAN PEDRO, Calif. (KABC) -- Approximately 1,400 homes and businesses lost power, thanks to an SUV crash in San Pedro.
The incident happened shortly after 2 a.m. Sunday in the 1100 block of South Pacific Avenue.
Investigators say the driver of a Cadillac Escalade hit a pole, knocked down wires and caused the outage. That driver took off before police arrived.
It was raining in the area at the time, so police think that may have been a contributing factor.
Department of Water and Power officials say all power has since been restored.
power outage, car crash, los angeles news
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand 37 min ago
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate 21 min ago
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out 17 min ago
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report