Faith Hill not doing 'Sunday Night Football' theme song this year
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (KABC) -- Faith Hill will no longer be doing the "Sunday Night Football" theme song this year.
The singer made the announcement on Twitter on Monday. Hill called it a "difficult decision."
"Amazing 2 have been part of SNF - an honor. I've just let everyone there know it's time 2 let someone else rock the open," Hill tweeted.
Hill has been featured at the top of the broadcast for six years. "Sunday Night Football" executive producer Fred Gaudelli tweeted "great love and appreciation" to Hill.
It's unknown what producers plan to do with the show's opening now.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds