Faith Hill not doing 'Sunday Night Football' theme song this year
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (KABC) -- Faith Hill will no longer be doing the "Sunday Night Football" theme song this year.
The singer made the announcement on Twitter on Monday. Hill called it a "difficult decision."
"Amazing 2 have been part of SNF - an honor. I've just let everyone there know it's time 2 let someone else rock the open," Hill tweeted.
Hill has been featured at the top of the broadcast for six years. "Sunday Night Football" executive producer Fred Gaudelli tweeted "great love and appreciation" to Hill.
It's unknown what producers plan to do with the show's opening now.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 39 min ago
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 46 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 40 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons