Los Angeles News
Pomona theft investigation nets narcotics arrest
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old teen is facing drug charges after he was found to be in possession of cocaine and methamphetamine packaged for sales Friday.
Police responded to the 1000 block of East Mission Boulevard around 10:35 a.m. to conduct a follow-up investigation of a recent theft.
When officers arrived, they located three male suspected Pomona gang members to the rear of the location. One of the subjects was found to be in possession of 26.2 grams of methamphetamine, 1.64 grams of cocaine, and a large sum of money.
Evidence suggests the suspect's intent was to sell the drugs since the narcotics were individually packed in small baggies for sales. Police said the drugs seized had an approximate street value of $2,800.
During the later investigation, officers learned the suspect also had a no bail arrest warrant from a previous robbery case.
arrest, drug cartel, los angeles news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested 5 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 24 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 38 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 32 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 20 min ago
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 17 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 33 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 54 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 52 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 44 min ago
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour