Los Angeles News
Pomona theft investigation nets narcotics arrest
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old teen is facing drug charges after he was found to be in possession of cocaine and methamphetamine packaged for sales Friday.
Police responded to the 1000 block of East Mission Boulevard around 10:35 a.m. to conduct a follow-up investigation of a recent theft.
When officers arrived, they located three male suspected Pomona gang members to the rear of the location. One of the subjects was found to be in possession of 26.2 grams of methamphetamine, 1.64 grams of cocaine, and a large sum of money.
Evidence suggests the suspect's intent was to sell the drugs since the narcotics were individually packed in small baggies for sales. Police said the drugs seized had an approximate street value of $2,800.
During the later investigation, officers learned the suspect also had a no bail arrest warrant from a previous robbery case.
arrest, drug cartel, los angeles news
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 34 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings 23 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Ellen DeGeneres reacts to tabloid cover