Orange County News
U-Haul truck leads officers on high-speed chase from Riverside to Orange County
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The driver of a U-Haul rental truck was taken into custody Thursday night after leading authorities in a high-speed chase from Riverside into Orange County.
The pursuit began as a burglary call around 10:15 p.m. at a U-Haul location in the 1800 block of Spruce Street in Riverside. It was unclear what prompted officers to want to pull over the truck, but the driver was apparently wanted in connection with the possibly burglary.
The driver traveled at high speeds on the 91 Freeway, 55 Freeway and the 5 Freeway before exiting to surface streets in Anaheim, where California Highway Patrol officers conducted a PIT maneuver, causing the truck to come to a stop on a curb underneath a bridge.
The driver was taken into custody without incident.
pursuit, arrest, orange county news
- Malaysian Airlines flight goes missing 9 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 1 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 47 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 4 min ago
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead 55 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 41 min ago
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family 38 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months