Los Angeles News
Hollywood nightclub shooting: Man critically injured
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Chaos erupted inside a Hollywood club early Monday morning after a man was shot, police said.
The shooting happened around 1 a.m. at a club called MyStudio on the 6600 block of Hollywood Boulevard.
Authorities said the shooter got away before police arrived. The victim was hit in his upper body and was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. No suspect information was immediately available.
"We were in the club, we heard the shots, everybody hit the floor. It was crazy," said club-goer Michael Lewis. "People were falling. It was pandemonium."
It is unclear what led up to the shooting. Police said officers never had any problems with the club in the past. Investigators are looking into whether gangs were involved.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollywood station at (213) 485-4302.
shooting, hollywood, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Malaysian official: Missing jet hijacked
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)