Los Angeles News
Hollywood nightclub shooting: Man critically injured
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Chaos erupted inside a Hollywood club early Monday morning after a man was shot, police said.
The shooting happened around 1 a.m. at a club called MyStudio on the 6600 block of Hollywood Boulevard.
Authorities said the shooter got away before police arrived. The victim was hit in his upper body and was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. No suspect information was immediately available.
"We were in the club, we heard the shots, everybody hit the floor. It was crazy," said club-goer Michael Lewis. "People were falling. It was pandemonium."
It is unclear what led up to the shooting. Police said officers never had any problems with the club in the past. Investigators are looking into whether gangs were involved.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollywood station at (213) 485-4302.
shooting, hollywood, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour