Los Angeles News
Winning Powerball ticket sold hour late to Pasadena woman
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- What if you had all six winning Powerball numbers, but couldn't claim the jackpot? It happened to one Pasadena woman.
Margit Arrobio purchased five Powerball tickets at a local Shell gas station Wednesday evening for a chance to win that night's jackpot, which at the time was $360 million.
The next morning, Arrobio tuned into ABC's Good Morning America for the winning numbers and found out that her card matched all six numbers, but the television show reported that no winning ticket had been sold.
So what was the problem? Arrobio bought her ticket a little too late.
"I called my gas station where I bought the ticket and I said, 'I don't get it. I have every number and yet they say there's no winner,'" Arrobio said.
The person at the gas station asked her what time she made the purchase, and that's when Arrobio realized she'd bought the ticket around 8 p.m., about an hour after the numbers had already been announced.
Arrobio said she was first shocked and then disappointed.
The Powerball jackpot climbed up to $590.5 million on Saturday. The single winning ticket was sold at a supermarket in Florida.
lottery, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 15 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 40 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
52 min ago