Los Angeles City election results from ABC7 Eyewitness News
ABC7 Eyewitness News is providing real-time election results for the City of Los Angeles as the numbers come in Tuesday. (Click on the link below to see LIVE results)
Will the next mayor of Los Angeles be Eric Garcetti or Wendy Greuel? This is a non-partisan race -- both candidates are Democrats and both have worked at City Hall for years.
Experts suggest the race is so close, a winner may not be announced Tuesday. It may take days to count the ballots.
If elected, Greuel, 51, would be the first woman to hold the job, while Eric Garcetti, 42, would become the city's first elected Jewish mayor.
After weeks of bitter campaigning that included ethics complaints and lawsuits, voters will have the final say in the race for Los Angeles city attorney, with former Assemblyman Mike Feuer hoping to unseat incumbent Carmen Trutanich.
City Councilman Dennis Zine and attorney Ron Galperin, each promising to root out abuse, fraud and waste as the city's official watchdog, will face off in a runoff contest to succeed Controller Wendy Greuel.
Voters will decide on three competing ballot proposals to manage the city's proliferation of medical marijuana dispensaries.
Proposition D would cap the number at 135 - the total that opened prior to 2007 - and raise taxes slightly; Proposition E would cap the number at the same level but raise no new taxes; Proposition F wouldn't limit the number of pot shops but would put stringent controls such as audits and background checks on employees while also raising taxes.
The proposition with the most votes wins, but only if it collects a majority. If none of the measures receives more than 50 percent of the vote, the issue could bounce back to the City Council.
Showdowns in three highly contested Los Angeles City Council races will be decided, while seven candidates will compete in a special election to fill a vacant San Fernando Valley-area seat.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street 7 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere