Inland Empire News
3 arrested for stealing gas from Fontana station
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three men were arrested after being caught stealing fuel from a Fontana gas station by an off-duty police officer.
Authorities say an off-duty Fontana police officer was at the Mobil gas station at 16925 Foothill Boulevard when he observed a van in the parking lot with a Toyota Camry parked next to it with people who appeared to be lookouts.
According to the officer, the van appeared to be sucking fuel from the underground tanks.
Police responded to the scene and detained the suspects. Officers confirmed the off-duty officer's suspicions and determined that the suspects made it look like the van was broken down and parked it over one of the access holes for the tanks.
Investigators say the suspects had been at the same gas station on Tuesday and had siphoned as much as 300 gallons of fuel over two days.
Freddrick Hunter, 38, Edward Dawson, 32, and Terry Washington, 42 were arrested and booked for grand theft.
san bernardino county, arrest, inland empire news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter