Tustin woman found dead in Hawaii; boyfriend sought
KALAPANA, Hawaii (KABC) -- A murder investigation is under way after a pregnant woman from Orange County was found strangled in Hawaii.
Fishermen found Brittany Jane Royal's body on Tuesday in Kalapana. The 25-year-old from Tustin was two months pregnant.
Her family says she had moved to Hawaii to teach yoga, and still can't really fathom what's happened.
"As a mother it's the hardest thing to imagine, losing a child and especially in a way like this," said Royal's mother, Julie Spahn Royal.
Police are now searching for 22-year-old Boaz Johnson, Royal's boyfriend. He's been missing since Monday, when the couple went camping together.
murder, national news, john hartung
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 31 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
43 min ago
- Website brings history of Los Angeles to life
8 min ago