Los Angeles News
Bear roams around Granada Hills golf course
GRANADA HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A bear that had been roaming around a Granada Hills golf course has been tranquilized and taken out of the area.
Authorities say they received multiple calls about a bear sighting near Knollwood Country Club in the 12000 block of Balboa Boulevard at about 1 p.m. Monday. The bear was seen slowly walking the grounds of the golf course.
About an hour later, a Fish and Wildlife warden was able to tranquilize the bear. The bear was loaded into the back of a pickup truck and transported to a wilderness area.
A local resident reported that the bear appeared to be checking out the chickens in her backyard coop. All the chickens were fine.
Bears are rare in the Granada Hills area, the warden said.
animal news, los angeles news, rob hayes
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 40 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role