Los Angeles News
Bear roams around Granada Hills golf course
GRANADA HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A bear that had been roaming around a Granada Hills golf course has been tranquilized and taken out of the area.
Authorities say they received multiple calls about a bear sighting near Knollwood Country Club in the 12000 block of Balboa Boulevard at about 1 p.m. Monday. The bear was seen slowly walking the grounds of the golf course.
About an hour later, a Fish and Wildlife warden was able to tranquilize the bear. The bear was loaded into the back of a pickup truck and transported to a wilderness area.
A local resident reported that the bear appeared to be checking out the chickens in her backyard coop. All the chickens were fine.
Bears are rare in the Granada Hills area, the warden said.
animal news, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain 18 min ago
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage 38 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present