Ventura County News
Simi Valley shooting: 2 wounded; suspect dead
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way Tuesday after two shooting victims and a deceased suspect were found in Simi Valley.
Authorities responded to the 2700 block of Machado Street at 7:30 a.m. and found two people who had been shot.
Police say the 52-year-old suspect is dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Two victims, a 72-year-old woman and 65-year-old man, were hospitalized with serious injuries. Hospital officials say they are the suspect's mother and stepfather.
The woman, shot in the stomach, was in critical but stable condition Tuesday night. The man was shot in the arm and chest, and was in serious but stable condition.
shooting, ventura county news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks