Los Angeles News
Motorcycle chase ends in CHP arrest of injured rider
SUN VALLEY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed chase of a suspect on a motorcycle ended when the suspect crashed in a construction zone and was arrested by CHP officers Wednesday. The rider smashed side-mirrors on freeway vehicles during the pursuit.
The suspect was riding the motorcycle at high speeds on the westbound 210 Freeway.
The pursuit began in Ontario shortly after 3 p.m., according to the CHP. Officers tried to stop the rider on the 210 at Indian Hill for speeding. He never stopped, and accelerated to speeds of about 85 mph.
The rider was seen punching mirrors on vehicles he was passing on the freeway, and appeared to have injured himself.
The pursuit reached Glendale and then Burbank on the westbound 134 Freeway. The rider then took the northbound 170 Freeway.
CHP motorcycle officers were in close pursuit behind the suspect.
The suspect then veered off the freeway on a closed HOV lane into the dirt track of a construction zone at the 170/5 freeway interchange in Sun Valley. He ditched his motorcycle in the dirt and fell to the ground in a prone position. Two CHP officers quickly arrived with guns drawn and apprehended him.
pursuit, car chase, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 26 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 37 min ago
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 7 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion 44 min ago
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter