Los Angeles News
Motorcycle chase ends in CHP arrest of injured rider
SUN VALLEY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed chase of a suspect on a motorcycle ended when the suspect crashed in a construction zone and was arrested by CHP officers Wednesday. The rider smashed side-mirrors on freeway vehicles during the pursuit.
The suspect was riding the motorcycle at high speeds on the westbound 210 Freeway.
The pursuit began in Ontario shortly after 3 p.m., according to the CHP. Officers tried to stop the rider on the 210 at Indian Hill for speeding. He never stopped, and accelerated to speeds of about 85 mph.
The rider was seen punching mirrors on vehicles he was passing on the freeway, and appeared to have injured himself.
The pursuit reached Glendale and then Burbank on the westbound 134 Freeway. The rider then took the northbound 170 Freeway.
CHP motorcycle officers were in close pursuit behind the suspect.
The suspect then veered off the freeway on a closed HOV lane into the dirt track of a construction zone at the 170/5 freeway interchange in Sun Valley. He ditched his motorcycle in the dirt and fell to the ground in a prone position. Two CHP officers quickly arrived with guns drawn and apprehended him.
pursuit, car chase, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery 24 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
14 min ago