Los Angeles News
Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 Freeway pile-up
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The wrong-way driver responsible for a collision and a massive traffic backup in the Antelope Valley was charged with driving under the influence causing injury Wednesday.
Rick Allen Walker, 54, was charged with four felony counts of DUI causing injury, the Los Angeles County District Attorney announced Wednesday.
Walker was arraigned Wednesday and remained jailed on $430,000 bond.
Walker allegedly drove southbound on northbound lanes of the 14 Freeway during Monday rush-hour traffic, resulting in at least eight vehicle collisions. Four people were seriously injured in the collision.
If convicted Walker faces up to eight years in prison. He is due back in court June 27.
los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video