Los Angeles News
Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 Freeway pile-up
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The wrong-way driver responsible for a collision and a massive traffic backup in the Antelope Valley was charged with driving under the influence causing injury Wednesday.
Rick Allen Walker, 54, was charged with four felony counts of DUI causing injury, the Los Angeles County District Attorney announced Wednesday.
Walker was arraigned Wednesday and remained jailed on $430,000 bond.
Walker allegedly drove southbound on northbound lanes of the 14 Freeway during Monday rush-hour traffic, resulting in at least eight vehicle collisions. Four people were seriously injured in the collision.
If convicted Walker faces up to eight years in prison. He is due back in court June 27.
los angeles news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2