Los Angeles News
East Los Angeles chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A male suspect led California Highway Patrol officers on a dangerous high-speed pursuit through the San Gabriel Valley and East Los Angeles on Wednesday night.
The suspect was wanted for speeding. At times, he reached speeds close to 120 mph, weaving in and out of lanes down the 60, the 710, and the 5 freeways.
Highway patrol units chased him into East Los Angeles, where he got off the freeway. He eventually pulled over around 10:15 p.m. at 6th Street and Atlantic Boulevard and gave up.
A woman who came out of a house and approached the suspect was also arrested. There were no accidents or injuries reported.
pursuit, car chase, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Ukraine police stand down after protest grows 4 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million 23 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 46 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions