Save Money / Consumer News
Consumer Reports reviews best Android smartphones
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Despite all the talk about Apple iPhones, more than 50 percent of the smartphone market opts for an Android phone. Some of the latest entries offer lots of new features. Consumer Reports reviews three Android phones worth considering.
Consumer Reports says the Samsung Galaxy S 4's large display is just one example of what Android phones bring to the table.
"Another advantage Android phones offer is how easily they can wirelessly share pictures, videos, and other files, with other devices nearby," said Consumer Reports Senior Editor Mike Gikas.
The Galaxy S 4 can also be used as a remote, not just for your television but for your cable box as well.
The HTC One is another Android phone that stands out.
"There's a great deal of customization options when it comes to the software. The interface, for example: There are widgets that you can customize and have the phone really appear just the way you want it," said Gikas.
And its camera does a great job taking pictures in low-light situations with its unique image sensor. And that's not all.
"You can edit and share those pictures in ways that you can't even dream about on a regular camera," said Gikas.
For example, the HTC One can automatically create a video from your photo and video library, complete with soundtrack.
Android phones also have better displays than ever.
"They're often 5 inches or larger, they're high-definition, and that's good news if you're looking at photos, videos or reading text on a Web page," said Gikas.
That includes the brand-new LG Optimus G Pro. Its 5.5-inch hi-def 1080p display almost makes you forget you're watching video on a phone, making it another Android recommended by Consumer Reports.
While Android currently has the edge with the latest technology, Apple is due to come out with a new phone some time this year.
Consumer Reports says they will be doing testing to see how that new iPhone and its features stack up against Android's innovations.
consumer reports, technology, save money / consumer news, ric romero
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks