Ventura County News
Ventura assault kidnapping, assault: Suspect photo released
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding a 22-year-old man who allegedly kidnapped and sexually assaulted a woman Sunday.
Officers responded to the Ventura County Medical Center regarding a sexual assault around 11 a.m.
During the investigation, officers learned David Romero forced his way inside the victim's home located on Faulkner Drive around 5:30 a.m.
Once inside, Romero then battered the victim, forced the victim into her own vehicle and drove her to a second location where he sexually assaulted her.
Police say Romero then drove the victim to the hospital before fleeing.
The victim was treated at the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Romero and the victim knew each other.
The suspect has a felony warrant for violation of probation on criminal threats and stalking charges.
Anyone with information on Romero's whereabouts was urged to contact the Ventura Police Department at (805) 650 2013.
sex crimes, sexual assault, kidnap, ventura county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 2 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video