Los Angeles News
Van Nuys shooting suspect shoots self after Ventura County chase
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A shooting suspect led police on a chase through the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County before taking his own life.
It started with a shooting around 10:30 p.m. Sunday at a home in the 14000 block of Vose Street in Van Nuys.
Police say a man walked into the home and shot the woman. She was transported to Cedars Sinai Medical Center, where she was listed in critical but stable condition.
Police arrived on scene, and that's when the man led officers on a two-hour pursuit, which went through the cities of Camarillo, Oxnard and Ventura before returning to Van Nuys.
Officers used a pit maneuver to stop the driver at Sherman Way and Haskell Boulevard.
The man shot himself in the head and died at the scene, said authorities.
shooting, car chase, pursuit, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report