Orange County News
I-405 South/ SR-22 East connector closed through weekend
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- The freeway connector between the southbound 405 and the eastbound 22 will be closed for 55 hours over the weekend.
The closure began Friday at 10 p.m. and was slated to end at 5 a.m. Monday.
The eastbound 22 Valley View Street off-ramp and on-ramp will both be closed during the same time period. Garden Grove Boulevard between Valley View Street and the northbound Valley View Street 405 off-ramp will also be closed until Monday morning.
Signs will be posted and the following detour is recommended for drivers:
- Exit the southbound I-405 at Westminster Boulevard East and continue on Westminster Boulevard
- Turn left (north) on Goldenwest Street
- Continue north on Goldenwest to eastbound SR-22
Crews will restripe lanes and switch traffic from the existing connector bridge to a newly constructed bridge.
The project is part of a joint Orange County Transportation Authority and Caltrans project. On average, 63,000 vehicles travel daily between the 405 and the Garden Grove Freeway (22), according to the OCTA.
For more information, visit octa.net/bridgedemo.
traffic delay, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role