Orange County News
Santa Ana suspect killed in officer-involved shooting
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was killed in an officer-involved shooting Tuesday following a foot pursuit in Santa Ana.
Authorities responded to a call of a disturbance in a parking lot near McDonald's at Harbor Boulevard and McFadden Avenue at about 3 p.m. An officer approached the suspect, which led to a short foot pursuit.
The shooting occurred outside a business in a strip mall near Harbor Boulevard and McFadden Avenue, police said. The suspect, whose name has not been released, was declared dead at the scene.
It was unclear what prompted police to open fire on the suspect. Police say the suspect was uncooperative, which was what led to the initial disturbance call.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, orange county news, eileen frere
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area 10 min ago
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors